For information on specific teacher trainings offered please click on the 2013 schedule above.
Yax Yoga Concepts is certified through Yoga Alliance to teach 200-hour and 500-hour level teacher trainings. Our teacher training programs are designed to provide an in-depth exploration into the process and science of yoga. Our teacher training programs are physically, mentally and spiritually challenging, but because we cannot teach where we have not been, this work is necessary to develop yourself into an effective, heartfelt and inspiring teacher. We must be willing to live in accordance with the principles of yoga if we desire to teach it in the most sincere and healing sense. Our teacher training programs offer the opportunity to live a happier, healthier life and the fulfillment of sharing the path with others.
Hot Yoga and Hot Vinyasa Teacher Training
Class Composition and Teaching Tools
- Learn the Hot Yoga and Hot Vinyasa sequence of postures
- Understand the therapeutic vision – the reasoning behind the order of poses
- Gain awareness of the elements of a class that make it inspiring
- Discover your voice
Anatomy and Movement Principles
- Learn about the anatomy of the body in relationship to movement
- Gain knowledge of alignment principles to keep students safe
- Study myofacial lines of the body
- Understand muscular and organic energy
- Study The Yoga Sutra of Patanjali
- Learn and embody the 8 Limb Path
- Understand the Kleshas – the problem according to yoga
- Explore Karma and the Law of Attraction
- Discover the importance of stillness in your life
- Learn how to take a seat
- Practice various concentration techniques
- Cultivate mindfulness in all areas of your life
Diet and Nutrition
- Explore how dramatically food production has changed in our lifetime
- Learn about water – what to drink, how to filter, what to avoid
- Understand simple ways to increase health and vitality
- Recognize the connection between our food, our bodies and our environment
- The Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga by Ray Long MD FRCSC
- The Power of Now by Eckard Tolle
- Meditations from the Mat by Rolf Gates
- Bhagavad Gita Translation by Stephen Mitchell
- The Yoga-Sutra of Patanjali by Chip Hartranft
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra
- How Yoga Works by Gesne Michael Roach & Christie McNally
We offer a variety of schedules to suit the individual.
- Twenty Day Immersion – This schedule is designed for those who may be in a transitional period of life, looking for a change, unsure of what to do or where to go next. This training will provide a supportive and nurturing environment to go within, explore the self, find the answers, and leave with a skill set to venture down a new path.
- Two Ten Day Intensives – This style of training is accessible for individuals who have flexibility in their schedules, a burning desire to teach, and want to get their lives moving in that direction. One ten day session covers one work week and two weekends.
- Eight Weekends – This is the most accessible of all our schedules. It gives the student the ability to fit the training into their life. More at home practice and study is required of the student to get the “flight time” in teaching.